Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Alarm LED

Tags
alarm led
2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  john 
#1 ·
I have seen a periodical red flashing from underneath the driver side speaker grill (right hand drive) when the alarm is set. I also notice that there is a small round black hole in the grill (loks like an LED holder to me).

The trouble is the pulsing glow is too dull to see properly at night, so there isn't much chance of seeing it in the daylight, and i want a visible cretin deterent! ;-)

Has the LED slipped underneath the speaker grill or something?

Thanks
Skiddins

#2 ·
Probably. That is where mine is, but the LED doesn't pulsate. While we're on this thread, I've had my 92 9k 2.3Cse Turbo for 4 years, and I still haven't really worked out where exactly to point the remote control. I have the Phillips set-up, which, I assume to be as originally fitted. ANY IDEAS?

#3 ·
Only got mine today!
But i have been reading the manual a lot.

The receiver for the remote is the black bit that sticks down behind the rear view mirror.
Not the small black 'dome' on the top of the dashboard as i first suspected (thats the sun sensor for the ACC)

As these are radio remotes i don't think the direction matters.

Skiddins

#4 ·
Strange. It isn't in my small owner's manual at all, but the remote does seem to work pointing it where you suggest. I also find that if I point the remote towards the front grill, I can impressively de/activate from a small distance (hopefully, there is no-one recording the signal), but I've never been able to track down where the sensors are, hence my query.

#5 ·
Skiddins, the LED has slipped out of the holder, as suspected. Don't know you can get access to push it up, unless you can remove the speaker grill!

My '98 CSE LED pulses after 10 seconds, at 1 s interval, which indicates all is ok. Faster plsing or permanenlty on implies a fault or problem with one of the sensors.

The first 10 seconds the LED stays ON, alowing for open doors to be closed, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.