Tyre swap [Archive] - Saabscene :: Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource

: Tyre swap

mycallsevern
10-26-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here and first of all I would like to thank you all for the great advise and info on here. I have 2003 9-3 2.2TiD saloon and have already sorted out my limp seat belt, the starting problem due to the perished leak off pipes and cleaned my EGR valve, all thanks to the great advise on here.

I have a bit of a weird one now though, when I bought the car in February the guys I bought it off had fitted 4 new tyres. Obviously to keep costs down they have fitted granny grippers which due to the torque from the big diesel screach when pulling away even in the dry and are just a joke in the wet.

I am looking to get some new better tyres but can't bring myself to throw away perfectly good tyres, so does anyone know of a company that does a sort of part exchange on part worn tyres, preferably in the south london area.

Thanks

sgould
10-26-2010, 12:35 PM
Welcome! :)

I think it will be difficult to PX tyres. Especially if they are known to be cheap and slippery in the first place!!

Perhaps a small guy that already sells part worn tyres would do a deal? I doubt the main chains would be interested.

Have you considered selling the wheels and tyres and buy some bare wheels to put your new tyres on?

mycallsevern
10-26-2010, 02:37 PM
Hi sgould,

I was thinking it would only be a place that did part worn tyres, I might try a few.

As for a new set of wheels I do like this idea. I was thinking of changing the wheels as my car is only a linear and the 15" wheels are a bit small.

Thanks.