Heater control unit [Archive] - Saabscene :: Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource

: Heater control unit

zenellis
07-31-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi All,

The heater/ac control unit on my 99 9-3 has been broken for a while now. I was told I would have to pay 500 just for the unit, but got a new one on eBay for 40. It looks I can just take the old unit out of the dash and replace with the new, but I don't do a lot of car DIY and wondered if anyone had any advice / or a tech manual for this proceedure?

thanks,

James

brandonmillsap
02-14-2011, 04:59 AM
Hi All,

The heater/a/c control unit (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/a-fs-c_control_unit~pop.html) on my 99 9-3 has been broken for a while now. I was told I would have to pay 500 just for the unit, but got a new one on eBay for 40. It looks I can just take the old unit out of the dash and replace with the new, but I don't do a lot of car DIY and wondered if anyone had any advice / or a tech manual for this proceedure?

thanks,

James[/b]

The replacement of an a/c control unit varies according to model and make, and it can take a couple of hours to manually replace it. My advice is, if you are not familiar with a/c systems, it is best to leave it to the pros. Anyway, it would not cost you much to hire a DIY mechanic who can do the job well. Hope this helps. :D