Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

New performance exhaust

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  johno 
#1 ·
Whitst out shopping today I decided to call into our local motor factors, not really looking for anything other than screenwash (its dirt cheap there) my mate (who works behind the counter) pointed out a new sports rear exhaust box going cheap.
Now, I fitted one similar, but smaller a while ago that I bought from a great guy at the Wolverhampton spares day at RAF Cosford for a fiver!
The old one,

I liked this one, it wasnt to loud, just a sexy burbble!
Anyway, the one my pal showed me today was twice the size, on the shelf it looked huge! So I had to have it!!

I asked him the price..........................£30!!!!!!!!!!!!
I nearly fell over.
So I paid me cash, bought a decent bracket & some new clamps & raced home to fit it.
A bit of new flexi pipe (I always keep loads of that stuff in my shed!) Some exhaust paste & some choice swear words later it was on.

Tis a touch louder than the old one, but it still sounds wicked!
& few more upgrades & I'll be out on the track in no time :D

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice, but I htink I would lose the Magnex logo on the pipe- looks a little chavvy for my taste. Indeed I wonder whether that writing was stickers put on for display purposes. You may find they melt into a gooey mess if you give it a bit of stick...

#4 ·
Cheers fellas, I havent long changed all the brakes to get it through the MOT, but if I go with the planned ECU upgrade then bigger brakes will be next on the shopping list.
Mark, I think your correct, not really bothered about the stickers anyway, will remove them in due corse. :D

#9 ·
That suits the car MUCH better than the jap style can you had on before![/b]
I agree with you there Al, weird though, with the old Savage pipe (the old round chav box I fitted) you get a lifetime guarantee, & at £69 thats not bad, but with the Magnex one, at £100 you dont.........Well not acording to Demon Tweeks 2008 book. Still, I know which one Im happer with! :D Heres a couple of pics taken in daylight, the other pics are a bit dull,

Oh, Paddy, I think you would be ok with one of these, the noise isnt much louder than the standard Saab box, just a bit deeper with a very sexy burble!..................NICE!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.