Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9000CSE Tuning Potential?

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  nlaero9000 
#1 ·
Hey guys!

Just a quick question asking what I will need to do to my 9000CSE 2.3T to achieve around 280bhp.

The car is currently running an Abbott Racing ECU at 240bhp. I'm not sure but it may also a different exhaust fitted?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the current power but I'm ideally after a little more. Is 280bhp easially achievable?

Many thanks,

Ryan

#5 ·
Cheapest intercooler available is this:

http://www.genuinesaab.com/catalog/product...products_id=477

You need to get it shipped and add tax (or at least plan that in) but it's good 50mm one iirc.

This a great exhaust:
http://www.elkparts.com/product_info.php/c...products_id/777

That price includes the Cat and it's aluminised steel, not stainless. For Stainless 3" I'd probably just go to Abbott but it depends how long you will keep the car (re. stainless or not)

Once you have the exhaust and hardware fitted, and give you already have an Abbott map, maybe best to take it to them to have it re-mapped to make best use of the better flow - they will probably give you a good price.. You will see great gains with the exhaust and I/C but a new map is required to get the best out of it.

#6 ·
Ryan, do you have a T25 or TD04?

My MY98 9000 with Mitsu TD04 has an Abbott IC, 3" Abbott full stainless and a custom Abbott re-map and it develops around 280bhp.

I'm in the process of slowly upgrading the suspension and brakes so I can really enjoy the power delivery.

IMO this will add much more pleasure before spending bigger bucks for more power.

Abbott are pretty good but you do need to haggle with them and Giles will always barter with you. Just make sure you do this via e-mail or over the phone and then re-affirm it via e-mail.

I also run the cooler BCP8ES plugs too but i've not had it re-dynoed for almost a year.

I'll do it once I've upgraded my wastegate for a Forge with a stiffer spring to see if it improves the very minor blemishes in the torque and bhp curves from that excellent Abbott map.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.