Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

ecu

Tags
ecu
4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  nlaero9000 
#1 ·
hi i have a 98 model 2.0 with a td04 ?would a 93 aero ecu work on my car

#7 ·
You can always try and marry the 93 ECU to your vehicle. Most of the engine controls/functions should be similar.

I'll say, try it. If it doesn't work, just fit the old ECU back & reconfigure it with a TechII.

You must remember that without a TechII, it may be all but imposible to do.

If it works, a bonus 20bhp for nothing!!

#8 ·
my car is a 2.0 9-5, but we have a spare 93 2.0aero ecu , i was wondering would it fit thanks[/b]
If it is a 9-3ss, no chance.

If it's a hatch version, don't know but I suspect that although the engines are the same, the theft protection systems are different and the 9-3 ecu may not have the right programming to work in the 9-5.

#9 ·
If it is a 9-3ss, no chance.

If it's a hatch version, don't know but I suspect that although the engines are the same, the theft protection systems are different and the 9-3 ecu may not have the right programming to work in the 9-5.[/b]
Engines may be the same.....different turbo's though, 9-5 2.0 has a GT17, 9-3 Aero has a TD04 IIRC......so, even if it does work, the benefits aren't going to be all that great.... :confused:

#11 ·
I think this will work, but worthwhile hmm based on what you could achieve
I think marrying a td04 to a 2litre is going to produce an interesting snappy high top end potential but your going to need the right cams and an ecu map to get the best out of it, are the 9-3 Aero cams same as yours ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.