Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

9000 Strut Brace

Tags
brace strut
2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  antlee 
#1 ·
Well just installed the Speedparts strut brace on my 9000 Aero MY97. Easy to self install. Now my Saab has already installed on it the Abbott Racing sports springs, Koni Yellow Sports Adjustable dampers, front wishbone rear poly bushes, ARB poly bushes. This car also has a MapTun Stage 4. The most significant and immediate difference was the better traction and getting the power down from a standing start. Very impressive. I guess it's limiting/preventing the front part of the chassis and 'softer' front suspension components from twisting under engine torque. Also noticeable (but more testing required) is sharper turn in on corner entry and flatter cornering. Also less noticeable rattles from front end and around the dash. Overall after 1 day it seems like a very worthwhile purchase for any 9000 owner.

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you have Abbott's bolt on additional rear antiroll bar (or other upgrade)? If you think you have "sharper turn in on corner entry and flatter cornering" now, you'd be amazed by the additional antiroll bar.[/b]
Hi Mark, No just running the standard 9000 Aero rear ARB set up with the addition of poly bsuhes. I have heard good things about the piggy back arrangement, however at Abbott's prices(
) I think I will stay standard or fabricate something myself. Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.