Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Best thing about my 9000...

Tags
thing
2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  richard lambert 
#1 ·
I was out driving around yesterday, minding my own buisness when a B*W 528 zooms by. Now, I'm sure a few of you are thinking the thoughts that quickly passed through my mind. A short downshift into 3rd and I'm on my way . I will never forget the look on his face as my silver 5-door sillouhette slipped by. We ended up chasing each other for a good 5 miles before my turn came along. Wee.

#9 ·
Pish Posh! It IS an old man's car, and I love it! I'm 18, driving around in a 5 door family car that can dust most of those average "sports" cars out there. I love the bragging rights.. "yeah well you just got your a$$ schooled by a family car!" An i have the flat cap too that i ALWAYS wear when driving to embrace the old man image... my friends claim i look 40 (full beard & glass's) So i could care less. I've only been carded once at Junk-yards and movie theaters in the last 4 years (Junk Yards round here ask you to be either 16 or 18 to enter, yard depending - Movie theaters "enforce" that 17+ crud for the rated R movies...)

#10 ·
Originally posted by NARANTO:
[qb]Toby

Just take them out in it... that'll shut them up      [/qb][/b]
mmm its funny how opinions change on your bargain basement OAPspec saab- when your friend turns up in his dads new impreza turbo and youre still bang alongside at 125mph.. (dry tarmac and lack of corners help 4x4 jap-bashing, but then the impreza's carbon spoiler cost more than the saabie).. nuf said really

#11 ·
I used to own a slightly modded Starion Turbo, which looked like some reject from the 80's, but I certainly gave many an imprezza a good thumping in a straight line, the saab is even better to do it in, as it looks just like a family car, but, certainly doesnt go like one....plus many hot hatches these days need a million rpm and have no torque, so its relatively easy to catch one out.......just ask Mr Civic Type R on my way home the other night, passed him with ease, then proceeded to accelerate away from him !

#12 ·
thanks john, thought it may be sensor ,hope it just needs a fiddle ,not my job until i know car better.best thing about my aero when i picked it up my work colleges looked at it and in an unapproving tone said "i thought you said it was a sports car!"i replied "what i said was i am buying a fast car!!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.