Saabscene Saab Forum - Saab Technical Information Resource banner

Eagle F1 Vs P 6000 Powergy

2K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  9000CS23T 
#1 ·
Hi, sorry for creating another tyre thread (the board is plenty), but I have a specific quesstion here. I have found for the same price Goodyear Eagle F1 and Pirelli P6000 Powergy, what do you think I should go for? the deal seem good for both, 102€ each, for a 195/60-15V. How do you compare them in therm of noise, steer sharpening, stiffness, performances, dry & wet performances, fuel economy? How long do you think they would last, considering that I got 65000 km (40000 miles) from my Michelin Energys?
I saw on the tyres in exposition that the F1 has 200 as treadwear, is it high or low? I don't what it means. The Pirelli had no treadwear on it.

There was at the same place for the same size Goodyear Venturas, a little cheaper at 97€, what kind of tyre is it? is it any good?

Thanks for the advices.

#4 ·
Treadwear of 200 is not bad for a grippy tyre. I think from memory the P6000's are 180 so the F1 will wear marginally better.

I think its a matter of choice - the Pirelli is a great all rounder & in my opinion looks much better that the Goodyear tread but they are noisy.

#6 ·
From the tyre size given I would think you have a CSE like my wife. Hers had Michelin Energy on when we got it and yes they lasted for ages and ages but I did'nt think the grip was great.

Sorry to be boring but it kind of depends on what you want from the tyre.
I usually go for Pirelli P6000 (origional not powergy) on my AERO for slightly more grip but they don't seem to last that long.
We replaced the Michelins on my wifes CSE with Continental ECOCONTACTS which seem to suit it very well, reassuring in the wet, quiet on motorways, nice ride, wear seems good so far.

Don't get AVONs, I had some a couple of years ago, they did'nt last very long and had poor grip

#7 ·
In my previous CSE I had several sets of (original) P6000s. I found them fine, and preferred them to the Michelin Premacy I switched to. The Michelins were noticeably quieter, though.

On the new CSE I've got Gislevd, or however it's spelt. They seem OK, but noisy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.